Di Ford-Hall’s quilting career began in 1980 with her first patchwork class. In early 1982 she began working at “Primarily Patchwork” in Canterbury, Melbourne, one of the two quilt shops in Melbourne at that time. In a few months she was managing the shop, and, in August 1982 she purchased the business. For the next 24 years she was the owner/manager, teacher and designer of antique and classic quilts. She loved every aspect of the business particularly the teaching and personal contact with her customers.
In those 24 years she taught approx 2000 students all the techniques required to make their own Classic American and English Style Quilts, which the shop specialized in. Many of her students went on to win prizes around the world for their quilts.
Since closing the shop in 2006 and semi-retiring, she has continued her passion for teaching and still designs her own patterns, which are sold in Australia, Europe, the US, and online.
In 2010 she was invited to exhibit her quilts in Beijing. It was the first exhibit in Beijing of Western quilts. In 2013 her first book “Primarily Quilts, 19th Century Inspirations” was released in Nantes France by French Publishers Quiltmania. As well as teaching in Australia, she has also taught in France, Holland and the UK. She am currently working on her second book due to be released in France at “Pour l’Amour du Fil” in Nantes France in 2017.
In 2014 her quilts were displayed in a special Australian exhibit at the Houston Quilt Festival. It was at this time she met with Kathy Hall from Andover Fabrics which started the discussions about her first fabric range.
Her other interests are gardening, cooking and retail therapy of the fabric kind. Also precious to her are 4 gorgeous grandchildren along with 2 English Springer Spaniels and 3 majestic horses.
Sadly, Di Ford Hall passed away in April 2020. She will be long remembered and revered for her skills, talents and contribution to the international quilting community.
Chesapeake by Di Ford
Width 42"- 44" (110cm-114cm)
Credit card via PayPal.
All orders are considered final at the time of payment.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. The whole world has been affected by COVID-19. Circumstances continue to evolve and change. We sincerely regret delays to your deliveries, and share your frustrations, but some things are out of our control. Not only will rude and threatening behaviour not expedite your delivery, it inflicts harm on others.
- Deliveries within Australia are usually completed within 2-6 business days, but may take longer depending on individual state restrictions.
- International deliveries are usually within 2-4 weeks but may take longer.
- Tracked international deliveries are usually within 1-3 weeks. Please contact me for a quote and custom order for upgraded shipping.
Customs / Duty / Taxes: Shipments to some countries are regularly delayed due to inbound Customs. Customer is responsible for all customs charges and fees, duty and taxes.
Please allow extra time for deliveries if you live in regional areas (I am sure you already know this!), at peak times and public holidays (such as Christmas) and during significant weather events and other natural disasters.
We will provide proof of shipping on request being a photograph with postage label.
We will assist is tracking delayed and missing items.
Australia: Please contact us for a quote if you require tracking on your order.
Occasionally parcels are returned through the postal system. In this case, refund of value of order less 10% restocking fee will be provided. Cost of shipping will not be refunded.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Request a cancellation within: 2 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Please refer to Etsy policies.
All sales are considered final at the time of payment.
We endeavour to provide the best possible service to our customers, but it is inevitable that mistakes will occur from occasionally. Please contact us immediately if there is a problem with your order so that we can do what we can to fix it for you.
Fabrics may not be returned unless of course it is our mistake.
Unless stated otherwise, all measurements for quilting fabric is in inches and yards (Imperial System) as traditionally used for quilting in the USA, and in the UK before the metric system was introduced.
Have nothing in your life that you do not know to,be useful, or believe to be beautiful. (William Morris)
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nathan Martin, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me .