The yarn from the Scheepjes SKIES collection feels light as a cloud. The yarn is made from natural fibres (100% Premium Cotton) and incredibly soft to the touch. These features make Scheepjes SKIES perfect for a wide range of knitting and crochet projects, such as breathable, light garments, shawls, home accessories, toys or stuffed animals.
The yarns feature a stonewashed, hand-dyed appearance. The various shades of blue are coloured with Indigo, a natural textile dye with inherent fading properties that has been used as early as 4000BC. Over time, just like with denim, this yarn will fade. The colours range from the grey blue of a slightly cloudy spring morning and the radiant Indigo blue of a summer day to the menacing blue green of a stormy sky. This results in subtle colour contrasts. All colours within the collection are named after cloud formations.
The SKIES collection comprises of two lines: Scheepjes SKIES Light and SKIES Heavy. These sister yarns share the same fibre content and shades, but they are offered in two different yarn weights: SKIES Light is suitable for needle/hook size 3.00mm and SKIES Heavy for size 6.00mm.
Scheepjes SKIES yarn is made from Premium Cotton. This yarn is produced sustainably using recycled waste water and is certified safe for use by babies, children and adults with sensitive skin. The natural fibres and colour dyes make this yarn also vegan friendly.
Please note: When washing Scheepjes SKIES, always use a colour catcher, as there might be some residual dye. We recommend avoiding using highly contrasting colours directly next to each other within a single project. Scheepjes SKIES yarns are destined to fade gradually over time. Before use, roll the hank into a ball using a yarn swift or a wool winder.
Fibre Content: 100% Premium Blend Cotton
Needle Size: 3mm
Yarn Weight: Fingering
Ball Weight: 100 grams
Length: 340 metres
Gauge: 24 stitches x 31 rows to 10cm on 3mm needles
Credit card via PayPal.
All orders are considered final at the time of payment.
PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL. The whole world has been affected by COVID-19. Circumstances continue to evolve and change. We sincerely regret delays to your deliveries, and share your frustrations, but some things are out of our control. Not only will rude and threatening behaviour not expedite your delivery, it inflicts harm on others.
- Deliveries within Australia are usually completed within 2-6 business days, but may take longer depending on individual state restrictions.
- International deliveries are usually within 2-4 weeks but may take longer.
- Tracked international deliveries are usually within 1-3 weeks. Please contact me for a quote and custom order for upgraded shipping.
Customs / Duty / Taxes: Shipments to some countries are regularly delayed due to inbound Customs. Customer is responsible for all customs charges and fees, duty and taxes.
Please allow extra time for deliveries if you live in regional areas (I am sure you already know this!), at peak times and public holidays (such as Christmas) and during significant weather events and other natural disasters.
We will provide proof of shipping on request being a photograph with postage label.
We will assist is tracking delayed and missing items.
Australia: Please contact us for a quote if you require tracking on your order.
Occasionally parcels are returned through the postal system. In this case, refund of value of order less 10% restocking fee will be provided. Cost of shipping will not be refunded.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Request a cancellation within: 2 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Please refer to Etsy policies.
All sales are considered final at the time of payment.
We endeavour to provide the best possible service to our customers, but it is inevitable that mistakes will occur from occasionally. Please contact us immediately if there is a problem with your order so that we can do what we can to fix it for you.
Fabrics may not be returned unless of course it is our mistake.
Unless stated otherwise, all measurements for quilting fabric is in inches and yards (Imperial System) as traditionally used for quilting in the USA, and in the UK before the metric system was introduced.
Have nothing in your life that you do not know to,be useful, or believe to be beautiful. (William Morris)
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as
1) providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nathan Martin, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me .